FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the expiration date of the culture media vials?
- All of our media vials have an expiration date of 6 months (except MPB which is 4 months) from the moment they leave our manufacturing facility, as long as you follow the instructions on the label:
- Keep the vials away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Store them at room temperature.
- Store the vials face down.
- If stored at 4C (fridge temperature) or lower, the shelf life may be extended by an additional 6 months for a total of 10-12 months.
2. What is the general lead time for an order?
- Usual lead time is 3 to 5 business days.
- Lead time is dependent on:
- The size of your order.
- If the products are in stock.
- The level of customization you order requires.
- If we are closed due to a Holiday.
3. I have a rush order, can my boxes be overnighted on the same day I place my order?
- Yes, but:
- Any orders received after 3pm central time will be acknowledged the next business day.
- Your order will be overnighted once it’s ready to ship which might take 3 business days before it becomes available.
- All orders are serviced on a first come first serve basis. However, we try our best to ship rush orders on the same day they are placed.
4. I received my cases of media but I don’t know how to use them:
- Each bacterial media has instructions on our website:
- Select the type of media you purchased.
- And click on “Serial Dilution Instructions.”